Monday, July 31, 2006

Mmmmmm... Crow...

Wow, was I wrong. I owe Ian Furness an apology. Mr. Furness, you were right, I was wrong. I was very, very wrong.

That being said, I'm not a big fan of this trade. Blake was our most consistent player last year, and Skinner provided exactly the type of veteran presence I think this young team needed. Both of them did what they were asked to do without complaint, always played hard, and were always shining examples of professionalism on and off the court. If anybody earned a place on this team, I thought these two had. Magloire has a reputation for complaining about playing time and touches. I hope I'm wrong on this one too, but I think he may cause some chemistry problems. It's a good thing I have a lot of faith in Nate McMillan and Kevin Pritchard.

If Magloire is merely a trading chip intended to entice someone to take Miles off our hands, I would certainly hope that a very good player or players will be coming back to Portland, not just expiring contracts. Losing Blake and Skinner is far to high a price to pay just to move Miles, in my opinion.

Could acquiring Magloire be a harbinger of a Zach trade? It's possible, but I kind of doubt it. We'll see how it plays out.

John Canzano is recommending a trade for Allen Iverson. Allen freaking Iverson. Is he insane? Yes, Iverson is a warrior. Yes, he had a HUGE heart. Yes, he's tough as nails. But he's a drug dealer, a gang banger, and a thug. If he plays even one minute in one preseason game, the Trail Blazers will not see another dime of my money. Character matters.

1 Comments:

Blogger BLAZER PROPHET said...

Canzano is full of it. As if we're going to trade for AI. Who wants him, anyway? He's beat up and a menance. We'd have to give up Zach and a couple of other players- and that's not going to happen.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter