Thursday, August 03, 2006

I Had To Eat Crow, Now I Can Crow.

John Canzano broke the story in his blog today that Paul Allen had decided not to sell the Trail Blazers. Jason Quick has the text of the press release in his blog. I wonder why Canzano the columnist broke the story instead of Quick the beat writer? Anyway, I've been saying since the day after the Super Bowl that the whole thing boiled down to how Paul Allen would answer the question, "Do I want to continue be the owner of the Blazers?" My prediction that day was that he would answer that question, "Yes, I do." I also said all along that he was using the threat of sale as a leveraging tool in order to gain the most advantageous negotiating position.

I am happy he is staying, I really believe it's the best possible scenario for the Blazers. He's put a LOT of time, effort, emotion, and money (the last count I heard was just over $80 million) into this team during this off-season, and his investment is starting to show dividends already. I do, however, agree with those who think he should grow the beard back.

Besides, this time, I was right. So for now, my blog is batting .500...

And a friend posed an interesting question when he asked, "Say, does Gavin Dawson have any extra Sharpies?"

1 Comments:

Blogger BLAZER PROPHET said...

While I have no problem with PA, per se, I think he has worn out his welcome. His in-going fued in using Vulcan to beat on PAM is a major distraction. I just think it's time for him to go. In addition, now we have to sit and wait, drowning in speculation that the team will eventually move to Seattle- and that will not allow the fan base to really jell.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter