Monday, August 14, 2006

Looking Forward To Bayno's Interview

Great article by Mike Barrett on Bill Bayno can be found here on blazers.com. I always enjoy learning more about the backgrounds of assistant coaches. It gives one a deeper understanding of the team as a whole, and a clearer view of how younger players are developed. My favorite Bayno quote:
"I’m teaching these guys how to maximize their lives, how to handle adversity, and how to be professionals."

The last two lines could have been taken from a script entitled "What An Assistant Coach Should Say:"
And, where some assistants aspire to gain their own spots in the head coaching community, Bayno has been there. He’s thrilled to be in Portland, in this position, and wants nothing more.

“I don’t like the pressure of being a head coach,” says Bayno. “If I’m never a head coach again I’ll be happy. This job, doing what I’m doing now, it’s the most fun I could ever have in basketball."


I'm really eager to hear the Bayno interview tonight on Courtside Monday Night, and to hear his side of the off-season workouts with Zach Randolph in his own words.

Barrett's blog entry on Jamaal's first day is another terrific behind-the-scenes example that shows the huge strides made by Blazer management this summer. They have lived up to their promise to take character into account along with talent when evaluating players, and they have done a wonderful job improving the talent level of this team. I am still hesitant to jump completely on the Magloire bandwagon, though, for he has a history of demanding playing time and offensive touches. If he can be convinced to buy completely into Nate's system, he'll be a huge addition to this team. If not, he should be a valuable enough trading chip to bribe a team into taking Miles off our hands and snag a decent player or two in return. I'm hoping for the former, but the latter ain't too bad.

By the way, Neal McCoy autographed a pink guitar for Coastal Farm Supply in Albany, one of the local sponsors of Tough Enough to Wear Pink Breast Cancer fundraising event, and my company was asked to build the display case. Here are a couple of pictures of the guitar in the case:

Guitar Inside Case
Inscription

Kind of cool having it sitting here in the office. If they don't show up soon, I think I'll just hang that sucker on the wall, lol...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter