Thursday, August 10, 2006

Mad Dogs and No Englishmen

Yeah, yeah, I know. This has nothing to do with the Blazers. It's my blog, so what are you going to do, sue me?

Some friends of mine are starting up a Joe Cocker tribute band, tentatively called Mad Dogs and No Englishmen, and here are some links to videos I took of their first live performance August 9th, 2006 at Tommy's Peacock Bar & Grill in Corvallis, Oregon:

Leave Your Hat On
Unchain My Heart
My Love Is Alive

And these videos are from their rehearsal the night before:


My Love Is Alive
Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
Leave Your Hat On
Leave Your Hat On (partial)

Keep in mind that this band has only rehearsed with everybody present twice, and has only been together for a short time. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the sax player joined them on stage at the last minute and has never rehearsed with the band. These are some insanely talented musicians, and there's no doubt in my mind that in a few months, I'll be shouting from the rooftop "You saw them here first!"

1 Comments:

Blogger BLAZER PROPHET said...

Sadly, I don't "do" the local rock scene. Us old men need our couch time.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter