Monday, September 11, 2006

Eric Has Been Seduced By The Dark Side Of The Force!

Curse and damn you, Eric Marentette, for leaving us to work for the enemy. That being said, it sounds like a fantastic opportunity, and I'd have done the exact same thing. In fact, Eric, call me if you need an assistant. I wish you great success, even though your efforts being successful means that the planet (and the minds of youngsters) will be even further polluted with crap bearing the name of that ball-hogging-concierge-raping-wife-bribing-lavender-and-urine-stained future Hall of Famer, Kobe Bryant. Keep in touch, my friend, and if you're in the area come Opening Night, the invitation to the game still stands. And if you can get tickets from your boss for me when they come up here to get spanked by the Blazers, I'd be more than happy to join you so that you can boo your boss vicariously through me.

By the way, best of luck as well to Casey Holdahl, who will be taking over Eric's blog on Oregonlive. You've got some big shoes to fill, Casey, I hope you're up to the task, for it is a daunting one. I have every confidence you'll do swimmingly. And if Eric chums on Opening Night, you are next in line to inherit his ticket, if you like.

Good stuff on the Blazers' website about Travis, LaMarcus, and Brandon working as crossing guards for the elementary schools. Things have changed since Rasheed Wallace spent most of his time on his cell phone and checking his pager when he was supposed to be handing out Christmas trees to the less fortunate. And I'll be surprised (and more than a little disappointed) if I see another Blazer tactless enough to wear huge diamonds in his ears (think Ruben Patterson) while handing out Christmas trees and food to the poor.

Still no time to edit and post the video from either trip. This is getting nuts, and I don't see much light at the end of the tunnel yet. Bear with me, folks, I'm trying. It's not like I've taken a job working as Darth Vader's PR advisor, like somebody I know...

1 Comments:

Blogger BLAZER PROPHET said...

Great guy! But to work for Kobe the Rapist?????

Oh! The humanity of it all!

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter