Monday, November 06, 2006

I Said, "Pinch Me!"

I was there (and I have the hat to prove it, thanks, Blazers) and I still don't believe it. A come-from-behind, lock-down-an-All-Star-then-hit-a-clutch-shot-then-lock-down-an-All-Star-again victory? In the immortal words of Darrel Aune, "Holy Jumpin' Up And Down Martha!"

Travis Outlaw was airborne just about as much as the ball was Monday night. It seemed like every time a shot was put up, Travis was going after either the block or the rebound. Michael Jordan played a game that was figuratively head and shoulders above the rest of the players on the court. Monday night, Travis played a game that was literally head and shoulders above the rest of the players on the court. If Travis puts forth that kind of effort night in and night out, he's gonna finally be the human highlight reel we've all been waiting with bated breath to see.

Magloire looks better than he did in preseason, but that's not saying much. How can a guy who can rip a rebound out of the jaws of a crocodile be so wooden-handed when it comes to catching a pass? Maybe our guards should practice passing to Jamaal off the backboard, he might catch one once in a while.

Martell is gold. What a sweet shooting stroke, and what a likeable kid. I can't wait to see him in an All-Star uniform. I'm sticking by my prediction that he'll be an All-Star in his fourth year.

I'm starting to think that Brandon just might have an outside chance to make the All-Star team this year. I know, I know, the kid's only played three real NBA games. But he's going to get playing time, he's going to get national media exposure, and I think he's going to turn a lot of heads over the next few months.

Let's see, who might our clutch rebounder be? Zach Randolph? Nope. In both of our wins (and as a matter of fact, to a lesser extent, in our one loss) Ime Udoka has stepped up and grabbed clutch boards at key times in the game. Don't get me wrong, Zach's been playing very well, but Ime has been in the right place at the right time when the games were on the line more than once in each of our first three games.

Tonight, it's the Clippers, Go Blazers!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter