Thursday, September 21, 2006

I Think I'm In...

It's starting to look like I'll be offered the Sales Manager job, I hope I'm up for it. I've been doing Purchasing for so long, it'll take me a little while to get used to being the schmoozer instead of the schmoozee. Wish me luck!

After reading The DA's Memo explaining why no charges will be filed against Zach Randolph, I see no reason to change my position that Zach Randolph needs to go. This interesting question was posed by a friend:

Assuming that $1 = Zach's Talent Level, what's the least talent are you willing to take back to move Zach?
All things being equal, of course I'd want no less than $.90 in talent back for Zach. There are several factors that would make me willing to consider accepting a lesser talent in return, though. For example, for every year the incoming contract is shorter than Zach's, I'd accept a nickel less per year. Leadership and character could also be taken into account, and I'd accept up to as much as twenty cents less in talent in return for a significant upgrade in character. Could you imagine LaMarcus Aldridge learning the ropes from a guy like Grant Hill instead of Zach Randolph? I agree with SetScreens, who said it much better than I could:
IMO, Grant Hill would be the perfect deal. He's an expiring contract, which is fantastic; he's a huggable guy, which might pacify Canzano for what would inevitably be a season of losing; he could conceivably be persuaded to return for pennies on the dollar next season, as a mentor-type...
I am officially done hoping against hope for the redemption of Zach Randolph, and I want him off my team as soon as practical.

Travis Outlaw, at the 4? Mike Barrett has this story in his blog. I kind of like the idea of Travis at the 4 once in a while. It'll make for some interesting matchups, and Travis will be a little more free to improvise and use his instincts and his athletic ability to a greater degree than he will be at the 3. I wonder what other unorthodox lineups Nate has up his sleeve. At the very least, it'll be fun to watch.

I'll need to see it before I believe it. Juan Dixon dunking? According to Barrett, Juan's done that and more. Good stuff. I like Juan Dixon, I just hope that he has completely bought into Nate's game plan no matter how it affects his own role on the team.

I'll leave you with a question: Ian Furness leaves for Seattle (congrats, Ian, best of luck, and don't let the Interstate Bridge hit you in the ass on the way out of town), and suddenly 1080 has access to several Blazer players, coaches, and executives for a live broadcast... coincidence?

1 Comments:

Blogger BLAZER PROPHET said...

A couple of things.

First, waive Zach. Just do it. We can take the hit. He's nearly 100% untrabable and such a cancer that he needs to be gone- the sooner the better.

Second, Ian was ran out of town. His lies and cluelessness were just too much to take. Next will be Canzano.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter